765Currently online
162Today's Reading
19Share Today
Multilingual display

Medical Guide during travel in Europe

2018-04-03 14:24:30

Now many friends will choose to travel to Europe, because it is easier to apply for a Schengen visa, and you can visit several countries in a row. But out of the house, there is a disease ah pain is inevitable. If you really hit yourself, what can you do?


Travel insurance is essential! Travel insurance is also an essential part of visa application. But don't buy insurance cheap, poor insurance will only reimburse you in overseas medical treatment of the most basic emergency medical costs, but good insurance can reimburse you in overseas medical treatment of family doctor consultation fees, emergency fees, hospital fees, medicine costs, nutrition costs, return ticket upgrade fees, overseas and airport transfer costs, and so on. So in the purchase of things, please be sure to understand exactly what is included.


Preparation is very important! In Europe, fever, cold, toothache, diarrhea, it's not a disease. Most doctors focus on "self-healing," or "slow healing." To put it bluntly, it is to rely on the immune system to fight any virus, or to slowly cure with a small amount of medicine. You travel abroad is generally 1-2 weeks, want immediate effect of the special medicine, basically do not expect! Don't even think about anti-inflammatories! Then it becomes very important to prepare some commonly used medicines, generally speaking: cold, fever, anti-inflammatory, anti-diarrhea, stomach medicines are necessary. Because most European countries, especially Western Europe, are wet and rainy all year round. If your hometown is in the drier north, or very warm south, then temporarily can not adapt, cold, fever is very normal. At this time, the cold, fever, and anti-inflammatory drugs you bring can save your life. Many people's definition of tourism is: wherever you go, you eat! But are you ready for an iron stomach? Acclimation, indigestion, food poisoning, these are the most common symptoms. But according to European doctors, the best cure for diarrhea is to drink saline, stomach pain, stomach pain is to take painkillers, to deal with indigestion... Just eat less next time. Unless the food poisoning is very severe, don't consider being hospitalized, because most European doctors are just here to talk to you. In addition, band-aids, disinfectant, cold pain relief cream, better quickly and so on are also best to bring some. Usually small exercise friends, out to travel or shopping for them belong to the "rage", a day down back sore leg cramps, the next day how to play happily? So cold pain relievers heal quickly, at least the same. Band-aids are more useful, not only to patch the wound, but also to deal with shoes that wear feet. Many girls in order to take pictures of beautiful, before leaving to buy new shoes, it is recommended to bring more, prepared. Some friends said that in addition to anti-inflammatories, these things must also be bought in Europe. But most European countries have their own mother tongue, even if English is widely spoken, do you think you can find medicine? Can you articulate what you need when it comes to medicine? Are you sure they have what you're looking for? Are you sure the dosage ratio is right for you? Therefore, you are still ready to take common medicines, in order to control the disease in a timely and effective manner!


Important information to remember! Important information: 1) The address and the address of the Chinese Embassy in the country to be visited must be copied down in advance. There is nothing false about calling the embassy if there is a problem! Although many embassies are often busy, the attitude of the staff is not so good, but if there is a problem, they will know you. 2) Filing of travel insurance. If you have a problem, you should call the doctor before you go to see him. Insurance may have a designated medical facility in each city of the country, and full reimbursement can only be obtained if you go to a designated hospital. Only when they don't have a designated hospital can you seek medical attention nearby.


Choose the right doctor! There are three medical systems in Europe: family doctors, emergency doctors and specialists. General ailments are to go to the family doctor, he thinks you need to go to the hospital, will refer you to the hospital to see a specialist. Unless it is an emergency or traffic accident injury, you can go to the hospital to see the emergency, otherwise the hospital can not receive you. 1) Family doctor: A general practitioner who treats patients in their own home or private clinic, usually requiring an appointment 1-2 days in advance. They also make house calls for patients with mobility problems. I personally think they should be called "counselors" because they may not be able to explain your condition and are very cautious about prescribing medicine, most often saying: Watch! 2) Emergency doctor: There is an emergency, you can directly kill to the hospital to register, but this belongs to the category of emergency. Emergency is not to talk about the first come, but according to the emergency situation to queue up. In general, when registering, there will be a doctor to ask about your situation, if you can talk and walk, then waiting 1-4 hours is very normal, to be prepared! 3) Specialist doctors: Generally need to be referred by the family doctor, unless it is a special trip abroad to see a doctor, otherwise basically will not encounter this situation.


Dental disease or return to see! Dentists are a special group that is separate from the medical system and is basically a private practice. During the travel, the most likely to encounter dental disease, I think there are two kinds: 1) wisdom tooth inflammation: generally eat too well and caused by fire, you can drink more water, no longer take anti-inflammatory drugs. If you really need to go to the dentist, do not easily extract the tooth. First, because the European dentist's technology is not necessarily better than the dentist, the doctor pulls a dozen or twenty a day, early practice out, the European population density is small, the doctor will pull a few a day. Second, after the tooth extraction, the wound will affect eating, and then it will be uncomfortable and bleeding by plane. 2) Accidental bump: If the tooth is knocked off because of an accident, it is necessary to find a clinic to deal with the wound. However, dental prosthetics and repairs are better to do back home, because European dentists are supporters of "slow work", and many dental fillings may not be in stock at that time, need to order, many even from other countries to Oh!


Finally, I hope you do not encounter any pain, can have a happy trip!